These are the Kearney (or Carney, O'Kearney, or O'Carney) and Brady Coat of Arms. My middle name is Kearney (my maternal grandmother's maiden name) - I am 1/8 (or is it 1/16?) Irish. :) Chuck's paternal grandmother, Grandma Nellis (formerly Brady), was either full or 1/2 Irish. So, we are not McPosers when it comes to celebrating Saint Patrick's Day! :) The corned beef is cooking as I post and there will be home-made Irish Soda Bread, potatoes, and cabbage. Oh, there is beer, too - Guinness and Harp....yum.
Today marks one month of married life!! Chuck and I have talked a lot since the wedding about the change from engagement to marriage - it is a different, and quite wonderful, feeling. More secure we suppose, and, although we were very committed before, being married is just a pretty cool thing! :) And, although I am officially a Nellis per the government, the new name will take a while to get used to! I was introduced to a coworker's 11 year old daughter as Mrs. Nellis this past week and, after looking around, I realized that was me!! :)
Walls for the wind,
And a roof for the rain,
And drinks beside the fire -
Laughter to cheer you,
And those you love near you,
And all that your heart may desire!
~ Irish Blessing
1 comment:
Sláinte!
I totally agree - you can be as committed as possible but marriage just makes a difference.
it's pretty awesome, isn't it?
and it doesn't hurt to be married to a smith/nellis :)
Post a Comment