Sunday, April 5, 2009

Neglecting the Nellis News...

I have been a bad blogger!! I can't believe it has nearly been a month...

My last post said that spring was coming...well, in true Colorado style, winter has made a comeback over the last couple of weeks! It snowed has snowed a bunch, which will hopefully make the lawn be green instead of brown! Ha!

This past few weeks have been busy! We had our monthly Nellis sibling dinner on 3/17 (corned beef - yum!) and celebrated Mom's birthday and St. Pat's (again) the following Saturday! We stayed the night at Mom and Dicks and had some of his famous crepes in the morning. More yum! It is birthday season, as two of the Schwerin kiddos (Erik and Krissy) celebrated their big 0-5 and 1-0 in the last two weeks. :)

The exciting news here is that last weekend we book a trip to Hawaii!! We are going to Maui for 7 days in May - YEAH!!! We are so excited!! Operation Bathing Suit is in full force, so we now have a work out area in the office for me!

Last night I went to the Elton John concert with the Hoppers (well, Kari is a Snyders) in Colorado Springs! He was AMAZING. The drive wasn't all that fun (lots of wind and snow), but I stayed slow and steady. Thank you to Jim, Jan, and Kari for such a fun night!!

I serve my civic duty tomorrow - Jury Duty! I had to reschedule (originally called during our loan review), so I have to appear! We'll see!

We are off to Houston in two weeks for the ACB convention. I get to meet some of Chuck's cousins while we are there, so I am very excited!!

Next week we celebrate Maddie's 3rd birthday! She is growing so fast!! Happy belated birthday to Christine and early (tomorrow) birthday to Erin (told you it was birthday season!!).

Cheers!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oops - you forgo Jesse' birthday was on the 21st....bad Auntie!!

Love you anyway!

Katie Nellis said...

I knew I missed one!! I am bad...