Monday, November 16, 2009

Showered with love!!

I had a wonderful baby shower yesterday. This baby of ours is spoiled already!! I am so lucky to have such generous and amazing family and friends. I'll get some photos added one of these days (I am behind on all of our photos...sorry...the real reason is that I am not thrilled with photos of my preggo self being shared with the world...). Amy came all the way from Oregon to help throw the shower with Kari and it was just awesome.

Amy helped me put most things away today (such a huge help!!). Choo-Choo now has a great start on a library (everyone brought a book as part of their gift), and lots of great clothes, toys, and more. I have some very crafty and talented friends and family - the baby has knitted sweaters, knitted blankets, hats, quilts and afghans to keep him or her warm!! :)

I took today off, so I get a short day this week (yeah!) and next week is just a 3 day week for me as I am taking Friday off (banks are open the day after Thanksgiving). Awesome! :) We are "hosting" Thanksgiving here with some of our family. The ""s are because everyone is bringing the meal and we are providing the house to enjoy the gathering. My back and ankles appreciate the I am not going to be in the kitchen all day...

Ok, we are off to put the clothes away! This is such an exciting time and we just might be the luckiest mom and dad that there has ever been. Thank you to everyone who are making this time so very special for us. We can't wait for each of you (all 3 that read this) to meet our little one.

1 comment:

Aunt Toni said...

I'm reading, I'm ready!! I think I'm going to cry. Choo-choo will arrive and I won't be there to see him/her right away. Darn it. Enjoy the holidays and try not to eat too much. I speak from experience. When I was pg with Michelle, I ate everything in sight (and then some) on Thanksgiving (she was due in a couple of weeks) and couldn't move for like 3 hours....true misery. Ugh. Don't torture yourself.
Love you guys so much.